It’s like, just when you think that something as good as healthy hot chocolate couldn’t get any more good (while staying healthy), my friend Ilene from The Colorful Kitchen just swoops right in and makes hot chocolate even MORE good!
Nooo she’s not using mocklate….one can dream, right? (Ya feel me, FRIENDS fans?!)
She’s using TAHINI!
Yes the stuff from hummus! The peanut butter of sesame seeds! A super source of calcium and protein whose great taste deserves to be in way more things than just hummus like this tahini hot chocolate which gets extra rich and creamy from the tahini!
BTW – this recipe’s in Ilene’s groundbreaking Holiday Season ebook!!
Which is completely FAH-REE when you pre-order her debut cookbook, The Colorful Kitchen, before December 12th when it hits stores! You keep the ebook and you gift the cookbook…to yourself and it’s a win win win win win. (Lots of winning b/c lots of peoples’ mouths will be satisfied when you cook out of both, right?)
- Check out her book on Amazon here and if you decide to order it,
- go here with your order deets to claim your FREE Healthy Holiday Season E-Cookbook! SWEET! But without refined sugar.
Ok, here’s her Tahini Hot Chocolate Recipe!
- 2 cups of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients [EXCEPT CHOCOLATE CHIPS] in a saucepan on the stove.
- Warm them up and whisk!
- Add the chocolate chips and whisk again to melt them.