Everyone keeps saying the Superbowl is this weekend, and Justin Timberlake is once again involved, with or without Janet Jackson’s bare nipple, but the weird thing is, I have the Super Bowl now. Already. Going into my bod just superbly…
This is what I call my post-yoga protein quinoa shroom super bowl of porridge! My SUPER BOWL for short.
And it doesn’t have to be consumed post-yoga, I just think porridge and yoga go hand in hand — it’s just really easy to digest when your stomach is asleep.
Since my super bowl of porridge has berries and the mushrooms, I can legally call it a superfood, and since it has quinoa flakes, Sunwarrior’s plant-protein powder and almond butter, I can honestly call it filling! And since it’s so stinking quick and easy to make, I can cockily say “yous welcome for this recipe!”
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 cup almond milk blended
- 1 packet or 1 tsp of mushroom powder - I <3 Four Sigmatic (OPTIONAL! Definitely an acquired taste.)
- ⅓ cup quinoa flakes
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp of Sunwarrior plant-protein powder (or collagen)
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- In a blender, blend together the almond milk and the mushroom powder (if using - it's optional!)
- Then, pour your almond milk in a pot on the stove and heat it up.
- Once it's slightly boiling, turn off the heat and dump in ⅓ cup of quinoa flakes and a pinch of salt. Whisk it together and you'll see the quinoa flakes start to look like oatmeal!
- Then, right into the pot, add the frozen blueberries, protein powder, almond butter and maple syrup.
- Mix all together and enjoy!!