I was the first one to roll my eyes when my friend Ilene said she wanted to show my plant-loving peeps how to make healthy, no-bake, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, colorful superfood Oreos for Halloween.
….But then we easily made said Oreos and as I was stuffing my face with them, I was like “who doesn’t have the time to make these?!”
Which leads us to now – and this video of us showing YOU how to make said healthy, no-bake, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, colorful superfood Oreos for Halloween!
The full written-out recipe is below for your viewing, printing and then replicating pleasure…but I just wanted to let you know there’s way more than where this came from in Ilene’s Healthy Holiday Season E-Cookbook!
You can get the ebook fo’ FREE when you pre-order her debut cookbook, The Colorful Kitchen, a drool-worthy and approachable plant-party cookbook that yours truly endorses – emotionally and also on the back cover of the actual book! Woot.
- Check out her book on Amazon here and if you decide to order it,
- go here with your order deets to claim your FREE Healthy Holiday Season E-Cookbook! SWEET! But without refined sugar.
Ok, here’s how to make the pretty colorful Oreos:
- 1 cup oat flour (pulse rolled oats in blender to make flour)
- 8 pitted medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes if not soft)
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- CREAM FILLING
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water at least 4 hours
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground turmeric
- matcha powder
- acai berry powder
- freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- To prepare the cookies, place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend un l mostly smooth (you may need to scrape the sides down a few mes).
- On a clean surface (I use a piece of parchment paper) roll the mixture out un l it’s about ¼” thick. Use a circular cookie cu er (a shot glass works too!) to cut out the cookies. Transfer the cookies to a cu ng board or at plate and place in the freezer to set.
- Prepare the lling by draining the cashews and blending them with all the cream lling ingredients un l smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to four di erent bowls. S r a li le of each powder into each bowl to add color. I started with ⅛ teaspoon of each and added more un l the desired color and taste was reached.
- Remove cookies from the freezer. Layer the cream lling between the cookies to create sandwiches. You may want to set them back in freezer for 15 minutes to set before enjoying. Store in the refrigerator.