HEALTHY HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES!
It’s A HEALTHY Christmukkah miracle!!!!
These healthy holiday sugar cookies are the real effing deal, my celebrating friend. Meaning: they taste as good as non-healthy sugar cookies, they LOOK as good as non-healthy sugar cookies BUT they’re 30 Christmas trees and 1,000 menorahs healthier than non-healthy sugar cookies.
This is not a prank. (I mean, we’re celebrating the winter holidays, not April Fools!)
If you make these healthy holiday sugar cookies (which are incredibly EASY to make, by the way), you’ll be guaranteed to have at least SOMETHING worth celebrating this holiday season, even if Santa gives you coal for Xmas and your mom gives you PJ’s for Hanukkah.
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp MELTED coconut oil (plus a smidge more for painting on)
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- sprinkles of your choosing!
- Mix all dry ingredients together (and remove any almond meal lumps!), then mix all the wet ingredients right into the bowl with the dry guys!
- Mix all together really well (using your hands if necessary), and then roll into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Plop that into the freezer for about 40ish minutes (watch half of your favorite holiday movie!).
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove your dough from the freezer and roll out (the thinner you roll the crispier the cookies will be!).
- Cut the rolled dough with your favorite cookie cutters and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- "Paint" on some melted coconut oil - if you don't have a brush just use your fingers or a spoon - and then sprinkle on your favorite sprinkles!
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (the thinner the cookies the less time..the thicker the more time!)
- Let sit to harden for a bit and then ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY FACE OFF!!!!