My love for Funfetti cupcakes runs deep. I mean it’s a cupcake that has the word FUN literally IN IT…!!!
My lucky mother got SO much praise for SO long in my childhood because I’d flip over my bday Funfetti cupcakes without knowing they came from a box. (And she didn’t know that she was feeding me practically poison at the time, so I don’t hold that against her.)
But since I’ve grown up, Funfetti cupcakes haven’t really been a thing. And birthdays have been a liiiiittttle less fun because of it.
But this birthday I was determined to change that! By making Funfetti cupcakes that actually are FUN – because they have sprinkles and because they don’t lead to bloat, blood sugar spikeage or belly aches.
I use a little sugar as I could get away with without these really being muffins, I use spelt flour which is LOW in gluten and easy to digest, I add Sunwarrior plant protein to help with the blood sugar spike prevention and I leave eggs, dairy, and butter OUTA the picture! And the cupcakes.
So yeah, you know how they say ‘every party need a pooper?’ Well that pooper is whoever finishes the last Funfetti cupcake!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 scoops Sunwarrior plant-protein powder (natural or vanilla flavored)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (can sub organic or raw cane sugar)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup melted coconut oil BUTTER FLAVORED COCONUT OIL!!!!!
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- PLUS SPRINKLES TO YOUR LIKING
- AND FROSTING, THE HEALTHIEST YOU CAN FIND AT THE STORE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients into one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into another bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add sprinkles and mix to incorporate!
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake tins..and then divide the batter equally among all 12 cupcakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Then spread your frosting on top of your cupcakes (not too much!) and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles.