Just to be as clear as a perfectly starry crisp Halloween night: there’s a difference between HEALTHY and NOT UNHEALTHY.
Healthy means something’s actually GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH. Like can take the inner state of your bod up a notch. NOT UNHEALTHY means that something’s not NOT good for your health. It won’t take the state of your bod down a notch or make it work harder to stay afloat, but it’s not giving you like vitamins and minerals and nutrients, either. The latter of which, THESE not unhealthy chocolate protein almond butter cups are!!
This recipe is perfect for Halloween or ANY day! (Cuz candy is a thing all year round.)
(Why the addition of the Sunwarrior Plant Protein Powder? Well, not because I’m trying to justify eating almond butter cups as a post-workout recovery snack, but because protein helps your blood sugar not FREAK OUT from ingesting sugar, the same way that keeping a secret halloween candy stash helped you not FREAK OUT as a kid when your mom told you “enough is enough.” Which is a saying that’s weird is weird.)
BTW – these are so dangerously good I might actually need someone to tell me: “Talia, enough is enough.”
- In a microwave or a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Stir in the coconut oil and pinch of salt so they all melt together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond butter, agave and protein powder.
- Layer the chocolate -- nut butter mixture -- chocolate in little cups (which you can easily buy at a cooking supply store -- or here). Then put the cups into the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Peel and eat and trick or treat!
- (Store uneaten ones in the fridge!!)