PRESS PLAY HERE TO LISTEN:
I brought back more than just elephant figurines and dried fruits from my trip to Thailand, I also brought back a big appreciation for the healthy way in which Thai people live their lives! (Plus a packet of Tom Kha flavored cashews, of course.)
In this episode, I break down the 9 healthiest habits I saw Thai people practicing which I believe contribute to them being some of the healthiest, least overweight people on the planet and which allowed me to eat my heart out but feel great my entire trip!!
Stuff mentioned in this episode:
- Uncle Boons! The outa-this-country (hah) amazing Thai restaurant here in NYC that’s as good as real authentic Thailand Thai food!
- The Thai tea in a goldfish bag with a straw in a sandcastle bucket:
- Jerry! Us with our amazing TAN Bangkok tour guide that I chat about 🙂
- Top reasons to go to Thailand: THE FOOD, MONKEYS, THE FOOD, ELEPHANTS, THE FOOD, BEACHES, COCONUT WATER FROM THE COCONUT, THE FOOD, BUDDHISM, THE FOOD, CHEAP WONDERFUL MASSAGES & THE FOOD.
The 9 Healthy Thai Habits I Noticed (and Wanna Steal!):
- Thai folks don’t really eat “meals.”
- They don’t eat gluten!
- They also don’t eat dairy!
- They eat soooo much spicy foods!!!!
- Thai people are insanely obsessed with sun protection!!!
- They’re huge consumers of ginger. (Here’s my blog post about why I <3 ginger.)
- Their fast food is actually healthy plant-based food that’s made…quickly.
- THEY’RE SO GOSH DARN NICE! And they’re the queens and kings of stretching, massage and yoga.
- They’re actually textbook plant-party people!